Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
hak
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Widget -- Access denied

I developed a widget that access xml files located on different external sites, parse them and display the content. As well I load some images. They are preloaded as part of the widget.

I do not use any Blackberry specific API. I use Visual Studio 2008 and Widget SDK beta 2.

I added <access uri="*"/> to config.xml. The widget runs fine on simulator and can access the xml files on the remote servers.

I signed the MyApp.cod file and then loaded into my device. When Launching the app, I get blank screen with  the message "Access denied".

Do I need to include any feature in the config. I do not use any specific Blackberry API in my widget.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Widget -- Access denied

Can you post up the model number of your device and the version of the 5.0 operating system that is loaded on it?  That should help us further diagnose the issue.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
hak
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Widget -- Access denied

The issue was the following line in config.xml (Commented). It was trying to access index.xml on host that does not exist. That's why it worked on the simulator but not on the device.

<!-- <content src="http://localhost/NHLWidget/index.htm" /> -->
 <content src="index.htm" />

Thank you.

Please use plain text.