Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
delasare
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Widget Loading Screen

I'll give that a shot. Also, I'm not clear on where to change the background color of the load page. Do I do that in the config file?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Check out the <rim:loadingScreen/> element in the Configuration area of the Development Guide found here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Widgets&subC...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
kahuna_76
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Guys,

I am following the specifications in the RIM:LoadingScreen document (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/15274/RIM_profile_element_834680_11.jsp) to get a image in my widget LoadingScreen like below but whetever I try, I can't get an image to appear. Changing the background works fine but no image. Is there a specific size or format one has to use ?

Regards,

K

<rim:loadingScreen backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
backgroundImage="background.png"
onFirstLaunch="true"
onRemotePageLaunch="true"/>
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi There,

When you say that you can get the background to work, are you referring to the backgroundColor?

Are you using the latest RTM released version of the BlackBerry widget SDK? or a BETA version?  Loading screen images and transitions are only supported on the final released version.

Also, is your "background.png" image located at the root of your widget archive? the path to the image specified is a relative path within your widget archive

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.