Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Widget SDK Beta 3 issue work around

Hi everyone,

We have found a small issue in a configuration file in the Widget SDK Beta 3 that could cause some confusion when building your application.  It is essentially a wrong entry in an XML file that is used by the Visual Studio and Eclipse tooling when you are adding features to a domain in the configuration file.

The issue is that there are two feature id's that are displayed by the tools that are incorrect.

• "blackberry.find.FilterExpression" should actually be "blackberry.find"
  • "blackberry.message.Message" should actually be "blackberry.message"
If you use one of these incorrect values in your widget's config.xml, you will receive an "undefined" error when you try and use the objects associated with the feature.
This will not affect those who are using the Widget SDK without the Visual Studio or Eclipse tooling.
For those using Visual Studio with the Widget SDK Beta 3, you can follow the below steps:
  • Locate the library.xml file for the Widget SDK typically found here: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager\docs\library.xml
  • Open the library.xml file and perform a find and replace to apply the above two changes in the XML text
  • Save your changes to library.xml
  • Restart Visual Studio
For those using Eclipse with the Widget SDK Beta 3, you can follow the below steps:
  • Locate the library.xml file for the Widget SDK plug-in typically found here: "[Install Path]\plugins\net.rim.browser.tools.wcpc_1.0.0.xxxxxxx\wcpc\library.xml
  • Open the library.xml file and perform a find and replace to apply the above two changes in the XML text
  • Save your changes to library.xml
  • Restart Eclipse
We apologize for any inconvenience

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter