Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Working with PUSH LAB

Hi there,

I've recently looked at the PUSH API as well as the PUSH Lab, that has been provided to us as resources. It works successfully using the simulator, now I wish to use it on an actual device.

My question is: is it possible to connect the lab's PUSH Demo Java file with an actual Blackberry running on a network with data plan? If so, how would I go about and do this? I did notice there's a HTTPPushDemo.java file. I'm thinking I may have to modify this... Any pointers would definitely be appreciated.

By the way, I do have my Blackberry's PIN.

Thanks,

-iamtony

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Working with PUSH LAB

Hi iamtony,

Is your device connected to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?  If so, you should be able to look at the HTTPPushDemo.java code and change its target URL to your BES instead of your local machine.

Then you should be good to go.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

Hi

I'm not sure if the Blackberrys I have access to are BES or BIS. But I would likely assume they are BIS, because I don't see the point in having a BES set up for 5 devices especially when security is not an issue.

Am I out of luck if they are BIS?

-iamtony

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

For BIS devices, you will have to sign up for a public Push account.  Details can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/pushapi.jsp

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

Thanks! I'll have to talk to my professor to see if I actually need to demo the application on the device or if a simulator demo will suffice.

Now this thread covers both BES and BIS :smileyhappy: