Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
sampath
My Device: Not Specified

Worklight5.0 Application Screens not visible in Blackberry Mobile

Hi all,

Am developing Worklight 5.0 application for Blackberry Mobiles using Web works. Application is built with HTML5 and CSS3 ( Dojo toolkit was used ).

The application is running successfully in Ripple emulator. But, not working in Blackberry mobiles. ( Screen shot of Application in Ripple emulator and Blackberry mobile was below)

Am getting same kind of output while using jQuery too.

But Pages and fragments example in IBM Worklight Tutorial was running perfectly in Blackberry mobile.

Is there any problem with using CSS3 for Blackberry? Can any one help me?

Output in Ripple Emulator:

Ripple_Simulator.png

Blackberry Mobile Output:

Blackberry_Torch_Mobile.png

Regards,

Smiety

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Worklight5.0 Application Screens not visible in Blackberry Mobile

Its hard to say what might not be working.  But from what I'm seeing in your device screenshot, I suspect there is a JavaScript error happening before your application renders content to the screen.

Here are 2 recommendations:

1) Are you testing on a BlackBerry 7 device?  If so, use Web Inspector to connect to your app running on a live device from your desktop.  You will then be able to identify any runtime exceptions:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

2) Are you downloading remote resources (eg. jQuery library, calling web services, etc)?  If so, make sure to properly whitelist domains by adding appropriate access elements to your config.xml file https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/access_element_834677_11.html

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.