Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
praveengodfrey
My Device: DEVELOPER

ZOOM feature in Blackbberry

I apologise if i sound stupid on this question..

but can u help me in finding if there is any way to add a Zoomin/Zoomout functionality to my application which is developed using phonegap ??

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: ZOOM feature in Blackbberry

Hey praveengodfrey,

If you want a pinch to zoom kind of feature, you can try using the Hammer.js library. I have worked with it a little bit and it showed promising results. Give it a try and see if it suits your needs:

http://eightmedia.github.com/hammer.js/

Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
praveengodfrey

Some blackberry devices donot possess the touch screen property right ?? so in that case will Hammer.js work ??
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey praveengodfrey,

Yes you are correct in assuming this will not work on touch screen devices because it requires finger gestures. Is your target device an older non-touch device?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
praveengodfrey

[ Edited ]

I m developing this application for an organisation and not for a particular device !! So i never know what device my clients possess !! It should better be applicable to all !!!