Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
eblade
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

attempting to build for phones

... but i'm getting:

[INFO] Compiling BlackBerry WebWorks application
com.palm.novacom.NovaDeviceInfo: Error!: Invalid constant pool entry. in <clinit>

Interesting, considering I'm using the BlackBerry packaging tools, and I have the webOS tools completely sandboxed from it.   

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Developer
eblade

Re: attempting to build for phones

Enyo 1.0 framework includes an extra JAR file buried in it, that the phone packager blows up on.

Fixed.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Is that JAR required?  There may be a way to work around that - I know that in *some* cases you can configure the WebWorks SDK to recognize precompiled JAR files.

For example, check out the Analytics extension.  It has a library.xml file where the Analytics JAR file is defined:

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/Smartphone/Analytics

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
eblade

Nope, it's only required for webOS development from within a Chrome browser instance, and only if you are using webOS specific services that require accessing a device itself to use. A bridge to communicate with the device from a Chrome app. It's quite nice, but it blows up the phone packager .. so I just modified my ZIP script to not include the jar.
Please use plain text.