Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
rakesh_katkam2012
My Device: Torch 9800

audio player api/libraries for BB 10 OS app

Hello EveryOne,

Am developing an app for users to listen songs from an online server. For this,am using HTML5 Web Works.

I have used HTML5 web works  audio player api. But, it has limited functionality,i.e play,pause etc.

Now, i want to add extra functionalities for my player, like forward,rewind,jump to next track and  an actionListenner where it can detect whether the current playing track has been reach it's end,or paused or terminated(i.e stoped by user).

It will be a great help to me if there exists set of api/libraries which fullfill my requirements

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
laurentC
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: audio player api/libraries for BB 10 OS app

The HTML5 audio element implements HTMLMediaElement and give you acces to the currentTime (read/write), duration, states like ended, paused, ...
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-video-element.html#htmlmediaelement

But unfortunaltly it's not supported on BBOS 5.
"It is recommended that you use the HTML5 <audio> element on BlackBerry Operating Systems with versions higher than OS 5.0 as well as on the Tablet OS."

Maybe you could skip this OS and build your app only for OS6+ ?

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Bhaal29
My Device: curve 8520

Re: audio player api/libraries for BB 10 OS app

Hello,

I´m trying to develop an online radio form BB. I have an .m3u live server and I´m beginning with BB 10 dev alpha. I´m using Webworks 10, and using HTML 5, with the audio tag <audio> but the simulator doesn´t recognize anything nor does the packager who tells me that it can´t recognize feature blackberry.audio,

Can anyone explain me what can I do to listen a radio online with de BB 10 dev alpha? I can´t make mine work alright yet, and I need some help

Thanks in advance.

R.

Please use plain text.