Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
hakanson
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

barsigner error: server error: Error connecting to web signer from proxy

[ Edited ]

Got this error both last night (after midnight) and this morning, and again now.  It looks like a server error, but since a search in these boards can't find a similar error, I thought I would ask if anybody has any ideas.  I don't have a proxy server on my side, so I can only figure it's an error onthe rim server side.

[exec] Connecting to url http://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/RDK-Waterloo
     [exec] Sending properties to server...
     [exec] Properties of response := [
     [exec] Version = 0
     [exec] Response = null
     [exec] Confirm = null
     [exec] Error = Error connecting to web signer from proxy
     [exec] ]
     [exec] barsigner error: server error: Error connecting to web signer from proxy
     [exec] Result: 1

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hakanson
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: barsigner error: server error: Error connecting to web signer from proxy

This problem still exists for me, but I think this has to do with my .bar file size.  I took the sketchPad app and am using the same command line syntax from the same machine (except the .bar file) and I get other errors.

My first error, I solved on the boards (the 0.9.4 install reset my bbwp.properties so it thought I was Sample Inc).  Now I am working through how to sign a bar, that was created by bbwp. Good think I can look through the github source and see -devMode is the problem (too bad I don't have a solution).

Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

Please use plain text.