Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: student

basic software

HI everyone i am a beginner to blackberry os nd my staff have assigned me to create a simple software for the blacberry os which should produce the output as the message "HI".

I dont know where to search for it so who ever reads this que please guide with the help of the documentation or the steps which i should follow waiting for ur reply........

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: basic software

Hi veerappan,

As a developer are you more comfortable developing with Web or Java?

If web, I'd consider exploring the BlackBerry WebWorks Application Platform.  This platform allows you to create fully-featured BlackBerry applications using solely web technologies such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript.  Start by installing the BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in (available for both Eclipse or Visual Studio, depending on your preference).  When you create a new Widget project, it will be initially setup as a 'Hello World' application.  Here are more sample applications.

If java, there are lots of java development resources available.  Start by installing the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse, and then check out some of these sample applications.

Hope that helps get you started.  Let us know how you make out.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.