Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Re: bbUI.js overhaul

Has anyone else been using BBUI.js with the DevAlpha?

I was having problems with the pages not changing when I clicked on buttons(You have to click 3-4 times before it actually works), so I tried packaging the BBUI.js samples app and putting it on the DevAlpha and I still get the same problem.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you upgraded your DevAlpha to the latest 10.0.6 that came out today?  It makes a big difference

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
Bluenoser
My Device: BlackBerry Z30/Z10/Z10LE/Q10/PlayBook

I would be love to start testing with the new version. Following the instructions, I keep getting the message that no updates are available. And I am not the only one with this problem. Wish there was a solution for this.

Developer
Philipk

@tniel I'm having problems updating too I made a post which several have responded to here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/DevAlpha-not-updating-on-Desktop-Bundl...

But good to know the BBUI problems on DevAlpha arn't unique to my code.

My Device: Not Specified

Same issues here on the stock OS. A tap is only registered if there's absolutely no travel of the finger when tapping. In other words, it has to be fast, direct, and precise. I imagine this is just a current issue and will be corrected down the road, and is likely an OS/SDK issue, not bbui.js related.

Retired
tneil

Yup it is OS related.. it is quite a bit better in 10.0.6 but still needs more tweaking.. onclick just doesn't fire.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
Philipk

I've updated my DevAlpha and still have the same problem with the BBUI.js samples.

Philipk wrote:

I've updated my DevAlpha and still have the same problem with the BBUI.js samples.

It's by no means perfect yet.. you will get the same issue with a regular <div> with an onclick event with the web rendering engine as it sits.  The engine will still be seeing lots of tweaks heading to gold

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
Philipk

I had made the update on the DevAlpha but not the BBUI.js 0.9.3 within the App, but now that I've made the update to both the DevAlpha and BBUI, it works MUCH better. Great job!
My Device: Not Specified

I'm trying to emulate the bbuisamples app in Ripple (latest Ripple, latest WebWorks BB10 SDK), but am still have problems.. the Action Bar doesn't render, as well as a number of items. App compiles fine and works properly (most of it) on my Dev Alpha. Is this expected behaviour?