02-21-2011 04:01 PM
I'm making a photo game for BB Playbook using Webwork. My game .zip file size = 10MB, it has over 800 image files.
Here is the message I got when running the bbwp to create bar file
C:\PlayBook\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp>bbwp C:\PlayBook\test .zip
[INFO] Parsing command line options
[INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO] Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO] Parsing config.xml
[WARNING] Failed to find a <feature> element
[INFO] Populating application source
[INFO] Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO] Packaging the bar file
The command line is too long.
[INFO] Bar packaging complete
[INFO] WebWorks application packaging complete
However it didn't create the .bar file, I couldn't find the bar file anywhere.
If I lower image files from 800 to 400 files then it works. My question is how many files I can include to my project?
02-22-2011 12:48 AM - edited 02-22-2011 12:50 AM
Have a look at the following link:
This is currently an issue, but there are some workarounds.
- create shorter paths & filenames
- substitute long project path with drive letter to quickly/easily shorten all paths to project
- if possible reduce images/files to be packaged
- manually add files to bar file
From the feedback I've seen I would suggest that you try and manually add your files/folders (at least some of them) to the bar file after you've packaged the rest of your app.
see comment from biggerCC on page 2 of the post ("bbwp fails to pack")
- as for blackberry - last I've seen they were made aware of it (issue posted), but haven't seen any other fixes, - maybe with the next sdk release.