Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

badshotbob
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

bbwp invalid application archive - resource name is not valid

Hi All,

Hope someone can help! Just got started with webworks dev for blackberry after getting frustrated with whole android scene.....but, as with all things, the green grass on the other side of the fence isn't as green as it appeared!

To get going i created a simple project in eclipse after loading and installing all the relevant sdks, plugins and packagers. The project runs fine on the simulator and using "Validate" returns no errors. There are no warning icons on any of the source files - although there are red "x"'s all over the system generated files (.project, .settings and so on).

So....I create an archive file (select project->Export->Archive File) and then run bbwp.exe with the required path to the archive.

I get the error message "invalid archive file - resource name is not valid (/DVDStore/.project). - the name of the eclipse project is DVDStore.

I can confirm there isn't a single "-" or "_" in ANY file in the project/archive or externally referenced file.

I've scoured the web and all I can find is lots of posts about renaming files to remove "-" and "_".

Since that appears not to be my problem, I'm wondering just what IS the problem?

And on a related note, if a resource name is not valid why on gods earth doesn't the ouptut say WHICH name isn't valid? Is it ".project"? or something contained within the ".project" file?

Any help gladly welcomed! :-)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
oscoweb
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: bbwp invalid application archive - resource name is not valid

I ran into the same problem on MacOS.

The _ (underscore) files are references to deleted/changed files.

Empty the trash and they are gone.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Developer
Puzzling
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: bbwp invalid application archive - resource name is not valid

I guess the obvious question is "Why is your eclipse .project file in the zip file for bbwp?"  I don't use the various GUI tools for supplied for webworks but I assume there is a way of excluding it.

Ps.  How I wish the BB dev. scene was as good as Android.  Not saying Android doesn't have issues but at least they provide useful docs. 

Please use plain text.