Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
sap4001
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

cannot load bar file onto tablet simulator

Hi,

I have the latest JDK and JREs and have the tablet simulator running on VM player. The developement mode is on and I have the IP address. I was able to compile the sample sketch program and it generated a bar file. But when i enter

blackberry-deploy -password xx -installApp -device 192.168.52.128 -package bin\sketchPadStandard.bar

it says installing...

then,

result::faliure.

doesn't give any details. Any ideas  as to why this is happening?

Please use plain text.
Developer
kemasD
My Device: Huron 8800
My Carrier: IM3

Re: cannot load bar file onto tablet simulator

Have you try to restart / reset the simulator? I've experienced same problem (unable to install *.bar on simulator), and it works after I restared my PlayBook simulator.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sap4001

thanks for the response. I reset it a few times.even recreated a virtual machine.same result tho.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Good morning,

blackberry-deploy is a utility provided by the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK.  A copy of this SDK would have been installed as part of the WebWorks SDK for PlayBook installation.  The version of the Tablet OS SDK should match that of the simulator being used (currently both version 0.9.2).

Can you confirm that the version of the sim you are using is up to date?

Otherwise, have you also installed a separate copy of the Tablet OS SDK (for AIR development)?  If so, the call to "blackberry-deploy" may be using this version of the SDK (in which case, verify that the versions are correct).

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Also make sure the simulator is set to "Development Mode" in the settings.  And make sure that the date/time of the simulator match that of your PC

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sap4001

hello astanley and tneil,

im attaching screenshots of my version information so that you can confirm.Tablet SIM seems to be 1.0.0.0 while  SDK is both 1.0.0.11 and  0.9.2 in the config file.  Maye I'm checking the wrong file for the version info.

Also regarding the tip about the time.I looked up how to set time an all but  the clocks of simulator and my PC seem to be in Sync.And yes the SIM is set to development mode.

thanks

============================

SDK Version

bbtabletsdkversion.PNG

Tablet Info

bbtabletversion.PNG

Date Info

bbtabletdate.PNG

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sap4001

Hello,

the issue was with the version of Simulator.downloaded the newer version (beta2) And it worked.

Oh and another thing, i tried to create a VM with a 2GB HD and it wouldn't boot(the older version did somehow). When i increased the HD size all was fine tho.

Please use plain text.