Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
hellosw
My Device: Playbook

Re: canvas not drawing on bb10 alpha simulator

I have the same problem in a alpha dev. The app runs well in Ripple but the images cannot show up in the alpha dev.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

I've been informed that there was an issue with some aspects of Canvas, but it's been addressed and corrected in upcoming versions of the SDK.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Contributor
bdev222
My Device: Not Specified

My game app got rejected as I guess it is blank on the dev-alpha too. 

Chadtatro can you provide the full bb10 updates to sketchpad that work for you? 
I would like to see something draw on my bb10 simulator with a canvas.

thanks!

Contributor
howardwu

It is really not a good news. I have 2 apps built with canvas too. I have to submit them before the 36hours deadline. Waiting for rejects.
Contributor
bdev222

Can anyone from RIM provide estimates of a new Webworks SDK release date as some of us have deadlines for resubmitting apps so would like to plan?

Or should we go back to earlier SDKs as there are posts stating canvas based drawing was working in portrait mode with the older one but not in 1.0.2.9 in landscape?

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello all,

I wanted to touch base regarding the <canvas> issues and Port-a-Thon impact. During the Port-a-Thon, we became aware of an issue that resulted in many <canvas> applications not rendering any content. This was escalated and shoudl be fixed in our Gold SDK/OS release scheduled for tomorrow (Dec. 11th.)

If you are still seeing issues with <canvas> please repackage and test with the Gold SDK/OS and let use know if you still see issues.

Regarding Port-a-Thon submissions, as long as your original submission was during the Port-a-Thon, resubmissions are still valid as long as they are approved by December 23rd. (Note this is extended from the original cutoff date.)

Meaning this should give you a bit of extra time with the new SDK release to package and test your applications before submitting to App World. Again, if this is a resubmission for a Port-a-Thon game, and it is approved by December 23rd, it will still count towards your rewards.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Trusted Contributor
basitj
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Okay guys, this looks like a bug in canvas implementation. The canvas does not become visible until you have a visible border. How's that?

So what I did, I used following code and the walla, canvas was visible.

Make sure the canvas border is 1px wide or you'll not see the canvas.

<canvas id="myCanvas" width="200" height="100" style="border:1px solid #000000;">
Your browser does not support the HTML5 canvas tag.
</canvas>

Once you've added the border, the rest of the code works just the way you wanted :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Get Speedometer on your phone. http://www.speedometer.mobi
Trusted Contributor
basitj

And yes, I've tested it in Dev-Alpha physical device. Works like a charm! :smileyhappy:

New Developer
hellosw
My Device: Playbook

Many thanks to basitj! You are a genius! According to your solution, my apps woks fine now in a alpha dev using the current OS and Webworks (1.0.3.8 ). This is a perfect solution even though the latest Gold SDK/OS will be released.
Trusted Contributor
basitj

Welcome fellow dev gurus.

Love and peace from Pakistan.