Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Bulow
My Device: developer (playbook and bb10)
My Carrier: NA

Re: canvas not drawing on bb10 alpha simulator

It works! The gold SDK runs everything just fine. I have a question regarding the second port-a-thon; I submitted a few of my games on the 2nd of december due to having misread the TAC. Will these be eligible in the second port-a-thon ("all aboard" - 14.-15.)?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
howardwu
My Device: Not Specified

It is really great!

I was being worried about my refused apps due to the canvas issue. RIM does great in developer relationship.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Big thank you basitj for that workaround! Very awesome find.

@Bulow: The applications submitted in the All Aboard Port-a-Thon need to be new to BlackBerry 10; unfortunately if they've already been submitted (and approved), my understanding is that they wouldn't be eligible unfortunately. That being said, if they haven't already been accepted, you could submit new products for review during the event.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bulow
My Device: developer (playbook and bb10)
My Carrier: NA

Let me get this straight: I can resubmit my games that were first submitted on dec. 2nd (they were all rejected) as "new" apps, and they will be eligible for the port-a-thon (given they are submitted on 14th-15th og december).?

I'm asking this again this explicitly because I don't want to break any rules :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

That's right, check out the update here (should hopefully clarify):

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/12/all-aboard-blackberry-10-port-a-thon/

Basically, new BlackBerry 10 applications are welcome, as well as PlayBook to BlackBerry 10 ports.

If your applications don't exist for BlackBerry 10 yet in BlackBerry App World, you should be fine to submit them during the 14th/15th as new products, to qualify for the All Aboard BlackBerry 10 Port-A-Thon.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

oros wrote:

If you are still seeing issues with <canvas> please repackage and test with the Gold SDK/OS and let use know if you still see issues.

Serious memory leak when using Canvas & WebGL together:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Canvas-WebGL-crashes-browser/m-p...

and

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-582

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fxberry
My Device: 10 alpha
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

[ Edited ]

Trying with Gold SDK without success. I'm using the HTML5 game dev framework LimeJS and the images are not shown on the canvas (figures drawn on the canvas are shown though) by either packing the app and deploying to the dev alpha, nor by opening in the dev alpha device web browser (you can try http://static.zenvadev.com/huungree/index.html

This same code works like a charm in the Ripple emulator, Android and iOS.

Please use plain text.