If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9700 & Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: code signing problem on win 7

I'm using Win 7 and have a problem during the compliling part:

bbwp "c:\...file.zip" -gcsk <mypassword> -gp12 < my password> -buildId 1 -o "c:\....\compiled"

I get error message stating:

[ERROR] Invalid Command line parameters

I have updated the path env variable and when I type in those lines as before I get the already registered/ file is already there, I have copied the sigtool.p12 file to bbwp/bin,and I have updated the company info in the bbwp.properties file.

I got an email stating that I got successful registration for client 123456789

The bbwp runs fine without the "-gcsk ...- gp12 ....-buildId 1"  -so I having problems with the signing part. 

is there a way I can check my password to verify, like a "forgot password verification file"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

This is what i use and it works for me:

cd C:\Users\tags07\Desktop\blackberry\Apps\myapp\
bbwp "C:\Users\tags07\Desktop\blackberry\Apps\myapp\myapp.zip" -gcsk mypassword -gp12 mypassword -buildId 2 -s archive_source -o compiled

Make sure you have sigtool.p12 under the C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\bin  (I think you already have this)

I am not sure how to verify the password... perhaps u are using some special chrs in your password..

may be you can also try putting "" around your passwords

Can't think of anything else...may be email the support and try it with different keys..

Please use plain text.
New Developer

Thanks Tag07 for the quick response, I tried it and it didn't work so I'm going to get it on another computer with Win XP OS and get another signing key and try again on a different OS.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kalan
My Device: 8900, 9630

Re: code signing problem on mac

bbwp "C:\Users\tags07\Desktop\blackberry\Apps\myapp\myapp.zip" -gcsk mypassword -gp12 mypassword -buildId 2 -s archive_source -o compiled

The above command didn't work for me. So I tried with the following command,

bbwp "C:\Users\tags07\Desktop\blackberry\Apps\myapp\myapp.zip" /gcsk mypassword /gp12 mypassword /buildId 2 /o "C:\OutputDir"

Hope this will help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

@kalan: You are using the older SDK. you will be asked to install the new SDK which changed the usage.. FYI..

Please use plain text.
New Developer

Update: 

Ok got another key, re-loaded everything on to the Win XP machine and I was able to sign the app. Weird did everything exactly the same just a different OS...

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

It doesn't work on Windows 7 x64, I whent through 5 certificates over four days and my mate whent through 2. I tried on two Windows 7 machines. I then built a Windows XP machine and it signed in the first attempt. My friend wasn't so lucky and had to submit something unsigned in the hope that while he is waiting for a new certificate they will accept that.

- Ryan

Please use plain text.
New Developer

I just ran it on Win 7 - 32 bit  and it still didn't work. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

[ Edited ]

It's great for RIM to offer this free playbook deal but the webworks platform was just a little too young to get developers on board for, oh well I've enjoyed it and I'm excited by the platform in the future, I've already ordered a Torch to acompany my (hopefully) upcoming playbook and expand my ability to develop for the platform.

You'd think, however, that they would test on Windows 7. I struck another problem earlier on with a previous version of the SDK in Windows 7 that it didn't register a couple of libraries properly, took a few days for us in the forum to figure it out. I've been a hell of a beta tester for them, I tell you what.

Please use plain text.