Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

config cache attibute

Can you explain what is the cache attribute used for? and how best to use it providing an example

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10

Re: config cache attibute

Hello,  

Have you had a chance to read our config.xml documentation at? https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/rim_cache_element_1264486_11.html

The rim:cache element specifies the limits for caching BlackBerry WebWorks application content. This element is optional.

<rim:cache disableAllCache=["true" | "false"]
           aggressiveCacheAge="time"
           maxCacheSizeTotal="size"
           maxCacheSizeItem ="size" />

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

What specifically in the application content is cache.? and yes I read the config xml documentation. Well can caching help where my app needs to load a large resource like an image file or a large text file in my app? The problem I am having is that my app is significantly slowed down because of these large resources being loaded. So I thinking maybe if I increase the cache the performance may improve.

thanks
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10

Yes, I think what you'll have to do is test the different values a bit on your end to see how it impacts the performance and load times.

Specifically I think you'll be looking at adjusting the 'maxCacheSizeItem' property.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro