Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
sabroni
My Carrier: 2

debugging stops rendering

Hi, I'm trying to debug using the webworks debugger. I have a debug build installed and I can browse to the local ip address and connect to the debugger, I can see the markup and scripts, get watch values and even run functions from the console. However, while I'm doing this the phone constantly displays the splash screen and though I run code that moves between views (ok, shows and hides divs) the splash screen never clears. In the end I have to take the battery out to stop the app. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas as to what is going wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received because this means I'm back to bunging up alerts to get any on device debugging done... Cheers Sab
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Carrier: Bell

Re: debugging stops rendering

Hello Sab,

Haven't seen this myself. Which device model / OS are you testing on? What happens if you remove the splash screen from the config.xml?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
liammccann
My Carrier: Vodafone

Im having same issue, debug works on playbook but not on 9780 and 9860
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sabroni
My Carrier: 2

Hi Erik,
Not sure what device I originally had this issue on, but today I'm experiencing it on a Torch 9860 which is running 7.0.0 Bundle 1465. I notice that there are two updates available for this (including 7.1.0) so I guess I should update before chasing this any further.
I'll update the phone and post again if I still have issues!

Thanks!
Sab
Please use plain text.