Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
blubee
My Device: none
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

deploying web and webworks .bar file to playbook simulator failure

Hi web/ webworks forum

I just walked through the hello world js webworks tutorial. A few thinks to note, I am on linux so I am not really using ripple, its failing like wildfire for me here. Wine doesn't help.

I was able to build my program with the help of a linux port of webworks and generate what seems to be a valid .bar file. Now when launch blackberry-deploy i get this output :

-installApp -password "mypassword" -device 192.168.49.128 -package comp/device/helloworld.bar

Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 412096
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 412096 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 1, 0, 1032)

I am not sure what the failure 533 is, it seems to be related to system version but since I built it based on the webworks js it should run on all devices right?

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maniac31
My Device: PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: ATT

Re: deploying web and webworks .bar file to playbook simulator failure

Hey,

this error happened to me when I tried to install an app compiled with BB10 WebWorks SDK on my PlayBook. To be able to deploy it on a PlayBook, you need to compile it with PlayBook WebWorks SDK. You can get it here, although there doesn't seem to be a Linux version.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blubee
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: deploying web and webworks .bar file to playbook simulator failure

maniac31

Thanks a lot for your help. Once I knew that was the problem I was able to google my way around and fix it.

A lot of linux users might have similar issues so here is a good resource to get ripple working on chrome.

http://johnreid.it/2012/06/23/get-ripple-to-work-in-linux/

There is a slight typo under the heading "Run Ripple"

He wrote :  cd ~/ripple/services/node node ./node_modules/rbd/app.js 9910

But it should be :  cd ~/ripple/services/node node ./node_modules/rbd/app.js -start 9910

Happy developing for bb on linux

Please use plain text.