Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: _doPostback(), calendar and dropdown control is not working on blackberry : Does RIM support tha

Hello All,

Is there a generic case mach?

When adding the folowing lines to my web.config it worked with the browser identification = FireFox (browser configuration), but it didn't worked with browser identification = BlackBerry.

<browserCaps>
<filter>
<case match="BlackBerry9500/4.7.0.41 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1">
EcmaScriptVersion = 1.5
</case>
</filter>
</browserCaps>

Is there a generic aproach for all the blackberry types and browser types ?

Thank you in advance,

Ina

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: _doPostback(), calender and dropdown control is not working on blackberry : Does RIM support tha

Hi Everyone,

Thank you as well for posting the answer to this question.

However, I would like to know if the <browserCaps> tag needs to be inserted as many times as blackberry versions your website needs to support?

<browserCaps>
   <filter>
        <case match="BlackBerry9000">EcmaScriptVersion = 1.5</case>
   </filter>
</browserCaps>

<browserCaps>
   <filter>
        <case match="BlackBerry9530">EcmaScriptVersion = 1.5</case>
   </filter>
</browserCaps>

Does this need to be done only once and it'll work for all versions or do you have to have seperate <browserCaps> tags for each blackberry version currently on the market?

Thank you everyone for looking into this.

Alex

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: _doPostback(), calender and dropdown control is not working on blackberry : Does RIM support tha

I am also facing same problem. The problem only resolved for me using the browsercaps tag, once i switched the emulator to firefox or IE. But i wanna do this for default blackberry browser.

Is there anyway to resolve, currently i am changing the application to have a button after drop down. User will select a value from drop down and will then press the button to refresh and load contents of the second drop down (based on the selection from first one).

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: _doPostback(), calendar and dropdown control is not working on blackberry : Does RIM support tha

Many thanks for the help. It solved the that I had with having showselectbutton=true option in gridview in ASP.NET. I think we can add as many filters as we want to supprt different types of BB devices.