Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
New Developer
hp3

downloading eclipse

If I want to use a verion of Eclipse from the Eclipse web site which version should I download?

There is one for java developers, one for javascript web developers etc?  Does it matter?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: downloading eclipse

My recommendation is to download the Web tooling from the BlackBerry site that includes the Eclipse tools, the Widget SDK and all of the simulators bundled into one.

The full installer can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/browserdev/devtoolsdownloads.jsp

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
hp3

I am having problems with the installer.

I am running Windows 7 64bit.  I've downloaded the web tools file. When I double click the file,

BlackBerry_Web_Tools_2.0.0.201003191451-33.exe

I get a dialog box message from InstallAnywhere that I need to select a different location to install.  The dialog has a "choose" button and a "cancel" button.  The "choose" button allows me to navigate to a directory on the hard drive.  I try to select a folder on my hard drive and click "ok", which returns me to the dialog box, but the dialog box remains on the screen.  So it seems I am unable to select a location for the install.  Or perhaps I should not be seeing the Install Anywhere dialog?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi hp3,

Install Anywhere requires enough room on the "Temp" folder of the root drive of your machine to extract the images before install.

Do you have lots of room on the root drive of your machine?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
hp3

"My Computer" indicates I have 410 gb of unused space on my one and only hard drive.

Also when I right click within the C drive root folder it shows the same 410 gb available space.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
hp3

By temp folder are you referring to the one at C:/Windows/Temp?  Is there a certain security setting this should have to allow IntallAny where to access?

Please use plain text.