Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
jineshpb
My Device: Z10

getting a test device

Hey,

I had submitted more than 15 apps in the Blackberry world but couldnt manage to get a device. Is there any specific format for applying for the device.Please help because I am not able to perform any local testing without the device.

Developer
padrini
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha C, Blackberry Z10 LE, Blackberry PlayBook

Re: getting a test device

Those device's where given out at BlackBerry events, like the Porthatons and the jam sessions. If you haven't submitted a certain amount of apps to the world when the Porthatons found place, i Think it's pretty difficult to get a device.
Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Developer
DirkLuys
My Device: Z10 LE

padrini is right, you won't get a device by submitting apps to the BB World, however, you can test your apps locally with ripple and the simulator. I worked like this for a long time, and while this is not the nicest way of testing, it works very well and pretty easily.

If you have any other questions about the simulator, feel free to ask them here.

Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Developer
kedar123pro
My Device: Dev Alpha C and Torch 9800

Yes, the Dev Alphas were given away during the Portathons mostly! There was a competition from Marmalade recently, where they gave away 300 Dev Alphas. I don't know if the 300 are exhausted, you can still try your luck! Cheers!

Web Works Developer. Cofounder @ Team Helium.