Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
torrentjki
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: /
Accepted Solution

helloworld app - cannot create .bar file

I've gone through the helloworld app but it will not create the .bar file.

The code is all ok as its provided, the settings are correct and I've enabled bbwp to run as admin and java.exe with the RIM folder.

In Ripple, When I click on package or package & sign or package and launch using the emulator, the same thing happens: (I'm using Windows 7) it promts me to run bbwp.exe as admin and I click yes then the commad line runs the build, seems to complete the build ok, says build succeeded, but only outputs a zip file and does not create a .bar file, or if I try to launch on the emaulator - does not launch. I have also tried the same thing from the cmd line and the same it does not create the .bar.

can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Re: helloworld app - cannot create .bar file

Would this help?:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_your_tablet_app_1919663_11.html

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
torrentjki

[ Edited ]

I've already tried to package and sign the app using ripple and the command line but for some reason its not creating a .bar file at the output.

I've enabled java.exe to run as administrator, which is at the follwoing location :

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\jre\bin

Please use plain text.
New Developer
torrentjki

It would only create the zip file in the output so then I moved the zip file that it created to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp
 and run the command      bbwp helloworld.zip      

and here is the output from the command:

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s543/torrentjki/cmderror_zps92a25dbb.jpg

Please use plain text.
New Developer
torrentjki

Issue solved by unistallin java and reinstalling Java SE 6 Update 38 and changing the UAC settings

Please use plain text.