Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
aryadharmaadi
My Device: BlackBerry Q5

hide the row buttons

Hello blackberry,

Thanks for your information about bug in my application. But, on this time I can't fix the problem. My problem is I can't hide the row buttons (Previous, Next, and Submit) that is displayed by default when an input element gets focus, so that the mentioned row buttons block some button on my application. I already try modify config xml by add preference hidekeyboardformaccessorybar and follow its instruction ‎in BlackBerry website, but don't work.

Please help me.

Regards,
I Putu Arya D
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: hide the row buttons

Hi there, generally the Previous, Next, and Submit buttons occur for input fields that are inside of a <form> element. If you remove them from the <form> element they shouldn't appear.

Note that those buttons aren't necessarily a bug (who said it was a bug?) It moreso depends on the the use-case of the application. If you're receiving input from the user in a form, that would be completely valid. At the same time, forms have some inherent drawbacks with posting their data and navigating away from the current URL. You may want to consider using an Ajax submission (depending on how much control you have over the back end.)

Let us know if you have any questions. A bit more information about the specific application, and the code you've implemented would help give some background information on the issue.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer
abinlesly
My Device: DEVELOPER

Re: hide the row buttons

If you are creating custom apps, you can override the default features.

******Blackberry Developer*******---Built for the Kill-----
#######Developer of @Sudoku#########