Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
shrikanth_bekal
My Device: blackberry torch
Accepted Solution

how to find out which all apps are currently installed in blackberry

I have one phone gap which allows user to enter his details(including credit card info).After details are entered it should show a page which has link to all the installed apps in blackberry.Is it possible to find out which all apps are installed in blackberry.Can you please let me know how to go about it.

Retired
erikjohnzon
My Device: Q10

Re: how to find out which all apps are currently installed in blackberry

You can query the system for applications that support specific features. From this list you can then invoke the application which the user selects using the object returned.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.invoke.html#.query

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
New Contributor
shrikanth_bekal
My Device: blackberry torch

Re: how to find out which all apps are currently installed in blackberry

Hello Erik,

The functionality of my app is to pay water&electricity bills(through credit card).The user will view the bill and pay the amount .Thats the functionality.I checked the link that you mentioned.I can query the device  for apps which open jpeg files,play mp3 files etc.But i am thinking what i will query the device with for my app.Is there any other way to go about,like checking for the cod files and then checking whether the cod file of my app is present, or provide some hardcoded id for each of my apps and then checking whether those ids are present to check if they are installed.Waiting for your suggestions..