Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
zizzybaloobah
My Device: Blackberry Curve

html form w/erratic submit behavior

We have an HTML form, where validation occurs via Javascript which submits the form if validation is successful. We invoke the validation function via a button's OnClick event.

For most of our devices (we have many models and OS versions on all carriers), the page works A-OK. For some, nothing happens when the user clicks the button, or they have to click the button several times to submit the form. It's crazy.

Any ideas? I am actually not the author of the HTML form in question, but I have examined the HTML and the Javascript, and can't seem to locate any problems.The same page runs fine in IE and Firefox on a PC.

I can provide the HTML and Javascript source upon request.

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: html form w/erratic submit behavior

Can you post the version of the BlackBerry OS where these problems are occurring?

Also, do the users have JavaScript enabled Browser option turned on?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
iamtony
My Device: Bold 9000

If you're willing to post the code, I can take a look and see if I can give any insight.

Also, as tneil said, device versions would help.

Thanks,

-iamtony

rosannaman
My Device: Bold 9700

I encounter similar problem for my bold 9700. My html form is very simple and as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML BASIC 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic11.dtd">
<html smlns="http://wwww3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>DEBUG</title>
</head>
<body>
<h2>Welcome</h2>
<form method="get" action="TakeSurvey"><input type="submit" value="Start" /></form>

</body>
</html>

The submit button works ocassionally and it doesn't work most of the time if my cursor is pointing away from the button before clicking the submit button.