Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ravi1989
My Carrier: 0
Accepted Solution

implementation of table with scrollbar.(scrolling data)

Hi

i want to show web service data in table having scroll bar using java script or css or html .actuall i want only some part of screen is scrollable not whole screen. can you suggest how this is possible.any suggestion? i used phone gap technology . i used iscroll but it is not working in blackberry data is not displayed in simulator..please help

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Carrier: none

Re: implementation of table with scrollbar.(scrolling data)

ravi1989 wrote:

Hi

i want to show web service data in table having scroll bar using java script or css or html .actuall i want only some part of screen is scrollable not whole screen. can you suggest how this is possible.any suggestion? i used phone gap technology . i used iscroll but it is not working in blackberry data is not displayed in simulator..please help

Depending on the devices/OSs you want to support you could give bbUI.js a change. It is working really well in most cases and I think there are a lot of things you do not need to worry about any more since bbUI.js is doing it for you.

Have a closer look at the scrollPanel example that is doing exactly what you need to, scrolling only a limited part of the whole screen you can set up a height for in the HTML source directly.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Thank sir for reply. i am using bold 9700(os :5). can i used in this os.?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Hi i am getting data from web service .. i don't able to scroll data on non touch device .please help.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

ravi1989 wrote:

Thank sir for reply. i am using bold 9700(os :5). can i used in this os.?

Thats quite interesting to know that you are using BB OS5. For now the bbUI.js documentation contains this: " Focus is on BB6/BB7/PlayBook/BB10 and then back-port for BB5." I think it will work, but maybe not yet implemented all the things.

I think you can also give it a try when you reengineer the way bbUI.js is doing the scrollPanel example. You can try with Ripple and see the content. I worked with iScroll in an iOS app and you sometimes iScroll is really tricky but at the end you can define simply said a eg. height: 123px !important; for your area and it shouldn't be overwritten by iScroller. Also try the iScroll refresh() method if the iScroller doesn't come up for you. If nothing works, try the forum for iScroll directly.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Truly speaking i am not able to use scrollPanel . actually can you give me steps . so that i will follow that steps.

make some simple project.actually i am new in this technology.

you can give some code so that understand things..

thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

[ Edited ]

ravi1989 wrote:

Truly speaking i am not able to use scrollPanel . actually can you give me steps . so that i will follow that steps.

thanks

OK. Lets see if we can get it working. I created an example from the iScroll Custom-Scrollbar Demo to show you. I added some other things to the HTML-body and some CSS informations added+changed in the header. I also downloaded (!!!important, Scrollbar isn't shown when linking to eg. the Github sources) the latest iScroll version from Github. Now it is up on jsFiddle, but it isn't showing the nice iScroll Scrollbar on the right-hand side because of the sources not available in jsFiddle, so try it localy or on online on a server from the HTML code provided on jsFiddle you can copy+paste from there. Only using the example within a HTML-file it shows up the Scrollbar in all supported browser and also for you in Ripple WebWorks V2.0 platform.

There is only one thing, since you mentioned you haven't a touch device I do not know how to go on with it. For me in Ripple I can touch the scroller and go up and down the list. See a screenshot here.

Hope this works for you and you understand it. Try to compare with the original to see my changes in the HTML.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Thanks sir every thing is fine .. but data is not scrollable in on 9700 simulator. i think  this code is only for touch devices not for non-touch. actually i am facing this problem from morning . i don't how to show data in table with scrolling in non touch device.thanks

LBP wrote:

ravi1989 wrote:

thanks

OK. Lets see if we can get it working. I created an example from the iScroll Custom-Scrollbar Demo to show you. I added some other things to the HTML-body and some CSS informations added+changed in the header. I also downloaded (!!!important, Scrollbar isn't shown when linking to eg. the Github sources) the latest iScroll version from Github. Now it is up on jsFiddle, but it isn't showing the nice iScroll Scrollbar on the right-hand side because of the sources not available in jsFiddle, so try it localy or on online on a server from the HTML code provided on jsFiddle you can copy+paste from there. Only using the example within a HTML-file it shows up the Scrollbar in all supported browser and also for you in Ripple WebWorks V2.0 platform.

There is only one thing, since you mentioned you haven't a touch device I do not know how to go on with it. For me in Ripple I can touch the scroller and go up and down the list. See a screenshot here.

Hope this works for you and you understand it. Try to compare with the original to see my changes in the HTML.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

ravi1989 wrote:

Thanks sir every thing is fine .. but data is not scrollable in on 9700 simulator. i think  this code is only for touch devices not for non-touch. actually i am facing this problem from morning . i don't how to show data in table with scrolling in non touch device.thanks

I think you should also try something like this I've found to figure out if scrolling/mousemove is working for the trackpad on your device. I don't have a 9700 Sim installed here, only Ripple and PlayBook or BB10 devices since this is my focus for now.

Please use plain text.