Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
wslfung
My Device: Dev Alpha

invoke calendar app on bb10

I've looked around and found that I can use blackberry.invoke.invoke() to do it, but I don't know where to find the target and what I need to pass to the calendar app.  What I'm trying to do is to send a date to be opened in the calendar app. Is it possible?

Wilson

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: invoke calendar app on bb10

Not available yet, will be coming in the November release.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/roadmap/

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Retired
erikjohnzon
My Device: Q10

Hey Wilson and Rory,

You can actually accomplish what you want now through the following:

blackberry.invoke.invoke({target : "sys.pim.calendar"

action : "<one of below>"});

- bb.calendar.OPEN

- bb.calendar.VIEW

- bb.calendar.CREATE

- bb.calendar.EDIT

We haven't spent the time to document, or experiment too much with the options you pass the calendar, but feel free trying it out.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
wslfung

I'm able to launch the calendar now, but how do I pass the date over to the calendar? I don't mind trying various options, but I gotta know what options are available to me first. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

You can also see a preview of the 'next' branch of the WebWorks-API-Docs which has some information about calendar.

NOTE: Use this information at your own discretion.  This API may change.  There may be features added / removed to it.  If the API does change in the next SDK release, your code may require additional work at that point in time.

That being said, here are instructions on how to get to these docs:

1) Open the https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-API-Docs repo

2) Change the branch from master to next-BB10:  https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-API-Docs/tree/next-BB10

3) Click on the link at the bottom of the page "The documentation can also be viewed online on github at this link"

It should open a listing page, which from there you can dig into the WebWorks-API-Docs-next-BB10-pim-calendar commit : 

http://blackberry-webworks.github.com/WebWorks-API-Docs/WebWorks-API-Docs-next-BB10-pim-calendar/vie...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erikjonzon
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi Wilson,

Of course, I wasn't totally sure. I spoke with the caledar team and they accept the data field. You should be able to pass a json object to data field as follows:

var dataObj = {date : 'Tue Oct 2 2012'};

blackberry.invoke.invoke({target : "sys.pim.calendar"

action : "bb.action.OPEN", data : dataObj});

I wasn't able to get it working yet, but figured I would pass on the information. As we work on the PIM invocation well keep you updated.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@rim.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
wslfung

Thanks for the info, I'll try what's suggested and I'll keep on the look out for the next webworks release. 

Wilson

Please use plain text.
New Developer
wslfung

yeah I can't get it to work either... will wait for your good news then. :Beta1:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pmulkins
My Device: LE Z10

Hello!

So I have been playing around with the new pim calendar, but its not what I am looking for.  I think

blackberry.invoke.invoke (
{
target : "sys.pim.calendar"
action : "bb.calendar.CREATE"
}
);

is the best solution.  All I want to do is call the calendar app and create an event, much like if you were to click on a link and have it open a browser seperatly.  I dont see why this wouldnt be a better solution as you give the user "what they know", with all the appropriate fields. 

I havent tried the code yet, I will this evening, but what I have there - does that make sense?

I assume I will create a function called,  "calEntry" with the above code, then call it when needed.  Is that also correct?

Thanks!

Phil

Please use plain text.
New Developer
wslfung

Hello again

I had posted the question a while back and pim functionality was not out back then.  So here I'll ask again.

What I'm trying to do is launch the day view in calendar, providing a date from my app.  Not creating any event.  So now that the api is final.  Is there a way to do it?  Are there any documentations anywhere regarding invoke targets of the system apps?

Thanks in advance.

Wilson

Please use plain text.