Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9810

is it possible to switch

Hi

is this possible that first time application install its start with index.html , (this happen in all case) then go something example.html but i want if user open second time application  its open example.html straight way.

can you please suuggestion 

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: is it possible to switch

You could store a value in LocalStorage or openDatabase (like refered to in your other post) and if that value is true/false you could forward the user to the one or the other .html file?

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
New Developer
My Device: torch,bold,curve,strom

i think this is not possible to declare condition in config.xml file. So better to use two method in index.html

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar Shivam
Developer
Developer

That's why I suggest to store a value to LocalStorage or openDatabase when the app is launched first time and forward to eg. page1.html and if the app is launched second time and this value is present then forward eg. page2.html.

With this usecase the only thing to do on the index.html is to check for the value.

Developer
Developer

And, btw., since ravi1989 is asking for Android stuff also in other posts I assume he will need this feature also for Android and thats where config.xml won't work since it is a proprietary config format of RIM/BlackBerry to configure app and on other mobile OS's config.xml might not work.