Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ProLove360
My Device: PlayBook & Bold 9930
Accepted Solution

jQuery Mobile BB10 Theme: Application Menu (Swipe-down)

I am using the recently released version of the jQuery Mobile BB10 Theme to develop my apps. I have a few questions on how to implement the Application Menu (or Swipe-down Menu):

1.  Am I understanding the UI Guidelines correctly in that the Application Menu is no longer an overlay on top of the existing screen (as we are used to seeing in PlayBook OS 2 apps)? Is the Application Menu suppose to push the entire page (or active screen) down to display the menu buttons?

2. Is the Application Menu included in jQuery Mobile BB10 Theme, or do we need to implement the placement of the menu and buttons using custom code? It is fairly easy to implement this function. I just want to make sure my code matches what is in the BB10 theme.

Thanks.

| ProLove365 - Connecting the World with Love and Lines of Code |
| Follow me on Twitter at @ProLove365 |

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
anzor_b
My Device: White BlackBerry 10

Re: jQuery Mobile BB10 Theme: Application Menu (Swipe-down)

Hello ProLove360,

I don't believe JQuery UI BB10 theme includes a swipe down menu, but the Swipe-Down menu implementation for BB10 in WebWorks is not set in stone. In fact, it is very expensive (performance-wise) to move the whole container down to reveal the menu, so an overlay from the top does the job better in my opinion.

You can use the sample below for a swipe down menu:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Samples/tree/master/swipemenu

Please use plain text.
Developer
ProLove360
My Device: PlayBook & Bold 9930

Re: jQuery Mobile BB10 Theme: Application Menu (Swipe-down)

Anzor_b,

Thanks for the reply.

The swipe-down menu in the link you provided is the same one I used in my app. Then I read the new UI Guidelines for BB10 that seemed to suggest it was no longer an overlay, but it was something that moved the screen down.

I started playing around with the jQuery slideToggle() method. It works. But I still need to add a toggleClass() method to my code to account for when I have a fixed header. Otherwise, my Application Menu appears under the title bar.

Either way they decide to implement it, I guess I am ready. 

Thanks again.

| ProLove365 - Connecting the World with Love and Lines of Code |
| Follow me on Twitter at @ProLove365 |

Please use plain text.