Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥

jQuery Mobile & GraphicalAid For BBOS

Hey guys,

I've done lots of BB10 apps and I want to port them to BBOS now.

Most are using jQuery Mobile. Anybody here who has experiences with jQM on BBOS 5/6/7 ?

I own a Torch 9810 and I want to start testing. Does GraphicalAid work with BBOS as well?

Thank you for your help

Flo

----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Re: jQuery Mobile & GraphicalAid For BBOS

Hi Flo (I'm home again)

Yep - been there, done that

Basically anything below 7 is dodgy

The problem is brower related - 5 is junk, 6 is pretty compliant then 7 gets us to OK (10, of course is perfect)

When PayPal sort you out I'd look at getting a physical device - specifically a Curve 8520 (it's awful) if you can get it running on that you should be fine on everything else

You can get one for < 100 - thinking of getting myself one for the Thai and Chinese markets

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

You will probably be fine with OS7, but there are severe memory limitations with WebWorks apps on BBOS, so you may find issues trying to run something that runs very well on BB10.

You asked about the Graphical Aid, and it doesn't work with the older tools. However, we have an ant build script that does and it will do pretty much all the same things and more: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Community-Samples/tree/master/Ant-Build-Script

Another neat trick if you are on windows is to associate .jad files with a batch script that runs javaloader. I have set this up so a double click on a .jad file loads it to the connected device. 

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥

Thank you both very much! :-)
----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy: