Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
fsgale
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

jQuery Mobile wont display on PlayBook Simulator

Currently my designs will display perfectly fine in Google Chrome (I read an article a little bit ago that stated that Google Chrome is a good match for local testing before deployment), but as soon as it deploys on to the simulator the page looks almost completely style-less.  The second stylesheet applies fine, which doesn't do much all things considered, but the stylesheet that comes with jQuery Mobile fails to attach properly.

The following is the start of the HTML of my main page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
	<head>
		<title>myApp</title>
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/jquery.mobile.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/myApp.css" />
        <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery151min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery.mobile.js"></script>
		<meta name="viewport" id="viewport" content="height=device-height,width=device-width,user-scalable=no" />
	    <meta id="touch-event-mode" content="native" />
	</head>
	<body>
        <div data-role="page" id="startPage" data-theme="a">
            <div data-role="header" class="appHeader">

I had a previous issue where the second stylesheet wasn't being properly included in Google Chrome, but the fix was to oddly remove the title attribute on the link tags (as odd as that may sound).  However, this entire time I have failed to be able to get the mobile stylesheet to be included on the PlayBook and I just can't seem to figure out why.  Is there some sort of browser development tool for the simulator that can be used like developer tools for desktop browsers?  This feature would help immensely during this process.

Perhaps I'm just missing something?

I've changed all the image filenames to remove the hyphens, which included the actual stylesheet and javascript files for jQuery Mobile.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, this seems to be the last snag I'm experiencing with the PlayBook, everything else works perfectly fine.

Scott

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: jQuery Mobile wont display on PlayBook Simulator

There were a bunch of other threads on jQuery mobile and one of the versions of it wasn't working on the PlayBook.. a search on jQuery mobile should surface those posts which provide solutions.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
fsgale

Thanks for the response, I did a search already on the forum but didn't use the keyword "versions" the first time.  Turned up as the first result.

Just to restate, using jQuery 1.5.1 doesn't work on PlayBook, but 1.5 does.  Incase someone else is having a problem finding this answer like I was the first time. :smileyhappy:

Details can be found: Here

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

is there any sort of gap analysis between 1.5 and 1.5.1 that is available to identify what features are not supported (or what key feature is breaking functionality)?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
fsgale

Not that I have been able to find.  I was hoping that there might even be a developer's tool or something that we may be able to use with the PlayBook browser so I could look in to the issue further, but again I have yet to find one.  I don't even see any portion of the browser that would provide feedback on such a page (JS errors, CSS errors, etc.), but perhaps thats simply because what I have been running on the simulator are being run as an app, and not directly as a webpage?

Developer
levidehaan
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I have two posts on how to get jQuery Mobile working and on how to debug in playbook

just click on my name and goto the bottom to see my posts (I should probably link them in my signature)

or get the devs to sticky them if they can?

oh well the jQuery one isnt showing, http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/HowTo-jQuery-Mobile-ajax-fix-temporary-until-...

give some kudo's on that so it will show up on my kudo's list