Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
sebapalus
My Carrier: Polkomtel
Accepted Solution

jQueryMobile dropdowns freezing whole browser/app on BB10 Dev Alpha

Hi,

I've tried to port my PB app to BB10 and encountered a problem with jQueryMobile dropdowns. When I clicked on any of them I couldn't do anything else in the app (remote web inspector shows no errors in console).

I thought that it's something about my app, but the same behaviour can be reproduced by going from Dev Alpha browser to http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.1.1/docs/forms/forms-all.html - there are 3 dropdowns in the bottom - the first two dropdowns freeze browser, only the last one works.

Any ideas?

PS. Yeah, I want to move to bbUI, but this behaviour is disturbing anyway

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Carrier: Bell

Re: jQueryMobile dropdowns freezing whole browser/app on BB10 Dev Alpha

Hi there, I'm just firing up a Dev Alpha now to test this out. Will let you know shortly.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
oros

So in my initial testing (browsing to the URL noted) I can't seem to repro this. The third dialog does have some slightly peculiar behaviour though. I'll pass this along to our JQM team to see if they have any insight while testing on a secondary device. Is anyone in the community seeing any of the behaviour described above as well?

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebapalus

Just a few more infos, hope it will help:

BB OS 10.0.6.386 on Dev Alpha

Tried both "Browser" and "Air Browser"

Tried both portrait and landscape mode

When I click on the dropdown it just gets a thin black border around (like "outline" css property) and nothing happens. But then I cannot do anything else on the site except scrolling up and down and zoom. All jqm controls are off (like some js error occured, but remote web inspector's console is empty). 

When I close the browser I get this message on the home screen: "application did not handle 'exit' message and was slayed"

Please use plain text.
oros

Hi there,

So I've managed to reproduce this error. Seems the first two dialogs are locking up something in the browser. I have tested on "newer" builds of the OS and am not seeing this behaviour there, however I will send this off to our browser team as feedback to ensure they're aware of it.

Unfortunately, the only advice I have at this point is to stick with that third implementation which uses:

data-native-menu="false"

Verified here as well:

http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.0a4.1/docs/forms/forms-selects.html

Custom menus work, but native menu selects do not. Seems the native-picker has an issue in this build.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebapalus

Thanks for the reply, Erik.

Since this is rather a workaround than a solution I will leave this thread open until the OS/browser update. 

Anyway, I'm very curious of the technical feedback from browser team - what can be a reason of such behaviour? Please share if you have any news :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

I have a jquerymobile/BB10 app that has select(drop down) menu issues as well.--Menu does not open.

It also has the notorious  'blink' issue on page transitions.

ThePlaybook version of the  app is in AppWorld  and has none of the above mentioned issues. Only on Dev_Alpha.

Adam Stanley is looking into it.

Screen sensitivity  sometimes requires 3 taps to launch a link etc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebapalus

JQM Dropdowns are working on the newest OS (10.0.9.388), so I'm happy with closing the thread.

Thanks for the support

Please use plain text.