Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: BB 9530 Storm
My Carrier: airtel

jvm 104 on 9530 storm 2 (OS 5.0) while accessing web pages

I have a web application and made compatible to blackberry according to the device OS 4.6 browser standard. When i am verifying the application in other simulators (9700,8530 etc) it is working fine, but when i am loading one of the page in 9530 storm 2 model, it is throwing jvm 104 error.

I tried to ignore error by placing the /ignore-error=0x68 and /ignore-error=104 argument to the fledge.exe of 9530. But the error is still getting while loading the page and i am unable to debug why this error is occuring.

When i verify it on the actual device the error is not showing but some images are not showing in the page on the device, which i belive because of the error that is occuring. I see option while the jvm error 104 comes like debug, attach debugger but nothing happens to see what exactly the issue is.

I see some .dmp files and .bug file is created while getting this error in the path. Could anyone help me in understanding how to troubleshoot the error and find the rootcause of the problem.

All Replies
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: jvm 104 on 9530 storm 2 (OS 5.0) while accessing web pages

Can you provide the URL of the page you are trying to load, ?  Does this page use JavaScript to modify/load page content?

You can review the event log for detailed information about runtime errors.  To do this from the BlackBerry Simulator, you can either type "ALT+LGLG" to open the event log window, or simulate a USB connection and then use JavaLoader to grab the eventlog output.  This may reveal extra information about the error you are seeing.

If this problem is consistenlty reproducible, would you please submit it as an issue to our Developer Issue Tracker?  When doing so, please provide a copy of the web page/content that causes this issue to occur and list all extra steps necessary to reproduce the error (if any).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.