Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: INDOSAT

load image from url

How to make scroll image in blackberry using url?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: load image from url

Best to ask in forum that you are developing in (Cascades, AIR, WebWorks, etc.).
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha 10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Is it any page scroll?

New Contributor
My Device: fdsfd
My Carrier: blackberry

from what i see, first you need to get the image by using the url, some image library provide you functionality on loading from url vb.net by user-defined links, it is helpful in this way. after getting the images you want, then you process images in your way to make scroll image in blackberry with some kind of add-on, it will do the job for you. not so difficult if you follow some tutorial online. hope i am being helpful.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I'm not sure I understand what a scroll image is in this context. Can you elaborate at all? Are we talking about loading an image onto the page / a region on the page and then scrolling around to view the whole image?

If so, you can use a <div> element with a specified size and overflow: scroll CSS property to allow the user to scroll around the image within the container.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.