Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
ataylorccs
My Device: Not Specified

<hr /> tag

Hello everybody,

This post is related to my previos topic> http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=11537

Basically, we have an ASP.NET application that is run through a BrowserContentManager control which is not running correctly at all (when a page is submitted it is returned with no values remaining in the fields).

With this issue it has meant that I am now using the standard Blackberry Browser for the users to connect to the application. This seems to work mostly but the users are reporting a problem with parts of the pages not displaying. I believe this may be a problem with the "<hr />" tag (when I remove all of these tags the page renders correctly). Unfortunately I do not have a physical device for the model being used yet and the simulator does not replicate the problem.

The users are using new Vodafone Blackberry Bold devices.

Are there any known issues with the Blackberry Browser rendering this tag (or any other common tags) incorrectly?

The tags I'm using on the page: HTML, HEAD, TITLE, META, BODY, BR, HR, INPUT, B, SCRIPT, DIV.

I have tested that the page validates, and it does.

If anyone can suggest any advice/workarounds or further investigations I can do it would be much appreciated.

Antony.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: <hr /> tag

Can you provide a link to a sample page that reproduces this?  What version of BlackBerry handheld software are the BlackBerry Bold users running?  They can see this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Bold.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.