Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
rim_fish
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

media queries and Blackberry emulators

I'm developing a website which has to work on mobile devices aswell as the larger screen resolutions of pc monitors etc.

I have a number of RIM emulators installed so I can test the site on Blackberrys as I do not possess a physical one.

I'm using media queries to implement styles depending on screen width, however they don't work on the emulators. The documentation I have read says RIM v4.7+ has full support for media queries.

Does anyone know if the emulators do support them or not? I've tested on RIM v6 and 7

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: media queries and Blackberry emulators

Hello,

To clarify, CSS3 media queries are supported by BlackBerry 6 and 7 Smartphone and BlackBerry Tablet OS.  They are not supported by Smartphone OS 4.7+.  Can you please clarify where you read this?

Yes certain simulators do support media queries.  As does the Ripple mobile emulator.

Here is a demo page you can use to test:

http://blackberry.github.com/WebWorks-Samples/kitchenSink/html/css3/mediaquery.html

Cheers,

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.