Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
lathajagan
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

natviely playing mp4 video using rim:splash before loading a webworks application

hi,

in my application, before loading my home.html, i need to play a video.

as of now, i am using rim:splash supported in bb10 webworks , which shows a statci image before loading home.html content.

but now a new requirement came up to play a  video before loading content of home.html.

but rim:splash supports only gif,png etc. but not MP4 video.

how to achieve this,please let me know.

--------
- If a post contains the solution to the problem, please click "Accept as Solution"
- If a post contains helpful content, please give it a "Thumbs Up"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
andreyavram
My Device: Playbook, BB10

Re: natviely playing mp4 video using rim:splash before loading a webworks application

You should handle that in the logic of your app, not in the built-in splash screen.

I usually use some kind of overlay like a lightbox, and I add some elements there, like video etc.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: natviely playing mp4 video using rim:splash before loading a webworks application

I marked andreyavram's response as the solution as you can not play a video within the splashscreen and it must be handled within the application itself. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.