Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
neemliu
My Device: BlackBerry Q5, Playbook, 9790,9800
Accepted Solution

need a startup point

Hi,

I am new to blackberry z10 webworks.  I try to follow procedure on web based training section, but it can't go through, it stoped at ripple emulator. my chrome did not let me drag file into it, I have to use chrome default ripple from google store, 

now the build service can not be started.

can someone give updated instruction on how to make webworks work?

Thanks.

Retired
mimendoza
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: need a startup point

These are the instructions for setting up Ripple: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/getting_started_with_ripple_1866966_11.html#bpa...

In that page, it also specifies how to Enable Ripple (how to start build services)

Once you've downloaded the tools: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/)

Start creating your first app: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/creating_hello_world.html

Our github page has many sample code for you to experiment with as well: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Samples

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Did this post help solve the issue? Click on "Accept as Solution"
- Was the content of this post helpful? Please give it a "Thumbs Up"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Developer
neemliu

[ Edited ]

I did follow  instruction do not use extension from Google store, but chrome did not allow dragging and dropping the ripple_ui.crx file to it.

Chrome prompt "you can only add extension from Google store", 

my first target is make "hello world" come out from webworks.

I am using a intel server with win7 64bit. new download chrome.

Developer
neemliu

Here is chrome detail:

Adding extensions from other websites

We're constantly looking out for ways to make your browsing safer. To that end, we recently changed the way you add extensions that are not in the Chrome Web Store to your browser. Previously, any website could prompt you to add an extension into your browser. In the latest version of Google Chrome, you must explicitly tell Chrome that you want to install these extensions by adding them through the Extensions page.

Why the change?

To help keep you safe on the web, we have started analyzing every extension that is uploaded to the Web Store and take down those we recognize to be malicious. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to take down malicious items promoted on other websites. For instance, online hackers may create websites that automatically trigger the installation of malicious extensions. Their extensions are often designed to secretly track the information you enter on the web, which the hackers can then reuse for other ill-intended purposes.

The updated installation process prevents websites from automatically triggering unauthorized extension installations and gives you more control over the extensions you're adding to Chrome.

Developer
neemliu

???     nobody give a fix   ????

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi neemliu,

Just to confirm, have you opened the Extensions page in Chrome (i.e. Options > Tools > Extensions) and then dragged the CRX file into that screen? Or are you just dragging the CRX into a regular browser window?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
neemliu

thanks. it works now.