Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
benjwalAnurag
My Device: blackberry simulator
My Carrier: blackberry

phonegap sample project example in blackberry

what are the steps to create a simple blackberry project in phonegap using cordova?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

PRe: phonegap sample project example in blackberry

Personally I find it best to attack such a problem from the other end as you then loose the Cordova dependancies which makes things very simple

The little group of developers I work with always start with BB then port to iOS and Droid using PhoneGap / Cordova simply to leverage the apps onto their systems

This is a very well thought out development method

If you don't use any BB specific stuff then porting is very easy

If you do use system services then stick them in a seperate file so you can isolate any likely port issues

This has worked very well for us

BB lets you be a big fish in a small pond while the others are a case of being a shrimp in an ocean

Its very easy to take anything that uses only HTML5 and port it to anything else - basing yourself on Cordova is not the way you should attack the problem

Our little team, between us, have over 50 Apps in the store and any one of them is easy to move to other eco-systems

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: phonegap sample project example in blackberry

Hi.

The easiest way to start using Cordova/Phonegap is downloading the package and extracting the sample-folder for BlackBerry. Configure the project.properties file to your needs (SDK folders, IPs, passwords, ...) and try to deploy the sample app. From this you can try to change the sample to your needs really easy. In most cases you do not really need to change something between platforms.

Make sure to read the Cordova/Phonegap "Getting Started" Guide for BlackBerry.

A lot of API's provided by WebWorks are W3C conform, so Cordova/Phonegap isn't rewriting something and instead using those default APIs, in all other cases Cordova/Phonegap adapts functionality of platforms and provides same API functionality across almost all supported platforms so it is easy to create cross-platform apps.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: phonegap sample project example in blackberry

I've actually created an updated Getting Started guide which includes BlackBerry 10.  These docs should be live on the PhoneGap website after their next release.

For the time being, you can view the guide right form my GitHub - https://github.com/ctetreault/incubator-cordova-docs/blob/master/docs/en/edge/guide/getting-started/...

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.