Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
hmorales
My Carrier: telcel

problem to cach a callback using X-RIM-Push-NotifyURL

Hi Guys!

I am developing an application and I need to be sure that the blackberry device is receiving my messages,  I am using the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5.1.0 and PHP to push the message into the Blackberry browser and to catch the callback.

I am using the X-RIM-Push-NotifyURL header and I am sure the MDS is trying to notify because I can see some entries into the log files like the next one : 

<2010-12-07 07:01:23.515 CST>:[2976]:<MDS-CS_DC-01_MDS-CS_1>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Notifying to URL = http://www.accion360.com.mx/blackberry/push/confirma.php, pushId = 71faa7b2:12cbd67a4f6:-7cb91407320547, destination = 231DCC88, result code = 200>

However the PHP program doesn't receive any POST or GET data, I tried to write down into a txt file the content of the $_POST array but it comes empty.

By the way the PHP program is invoked everytime is called by the MDS.

Does anyone have a clue about this?

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Carrier: Bell

Re: problem to cach a callback using X-RIM-Push-NotifyURL

Hello,

To clarify the expected behavior for the browser push workflow: MDS does not POST data to the notify URL and it does not include any information as GET parameters in the query string.

However, it does provide unique headers as part of its HTTP request which include data such as the Push ID, the device PIN and so on.  Link to PHP getallheaders() method.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hmorales
My Carrier: telcel

Thanks Adam!

Now it's clear for me!

I really appreciate your help!

Horacio

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gazier20

Hello,

The MDS doesn't notify to the url every time. Do you have an explanation ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
abarber

The BES is offline for longer than the timeout period that the BES keeps trying to push the data to the BB. By default this is 10 mins.

The BES could be out of action, down at that time.

The BES may not be able to handle the amount of stuff going on at that particular time. (This can occur if there is a lot of BES transactions going on)

This is the whole point of this notify url. To allow a repush of data if there is no response from the BES.

Cheers

Andrew

Please use plain text.
Developer
abarber

Sorry - I meant the BLACKBERRY is offline for longer than the timeout period in the first sentance.

Please use plain text.