Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC
My Carrier: a Norwegian

problem with signing - message wrong csk password

This is the message I get since yesterday. 3 days before everything was fine.

out: [ERROR]   Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.
The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

And no, I did not change the password, I have reentered my password many time, I have checked the password, I have copied the password from a backup txt file and pasted it and always the same result.

I am sitting here, have a job to do and can not finish it because of this error.

time is money and time is running.

so, what's up?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: problem with signing - message wrong csk password

Have you done any Java updates lately? I have seen issues like this in the past when a 64bit of Java is used istead of 32bit.  May be worth double checking?

New Developer

working on windows 32bit with canary chrome and had no java update the last days.

as I said: it was working 4 days ago and suddenly I get the message wrong CSK password.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The CSK password is stored locally on your PC, so unfortunately we won't have a way to verify or reset this for you.

I'm assuming you've tried without copying/pasting, but just in case, sometimes copying/pasting will carry over some hidden characters (particularly the newline characters) that may interfere with the actual command.

That being said, if the command is returning an invalid password, there's not a whole lot that can cause that other than a mismatch in passwords. Can you please verify the modified date on your barsigner.db and barsigner.csk files to ensure they haven't been changed in the past few days?

If all else fails, it may be necessary to install new keys; unless others have more ideas.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer

this is the worst answer I could get.

You know 10.2 is just a few days away, I have to update paid apps, but I can't because of this error.

If you read the first message from me than you will see I tried it in different ways, I tried it manually, with script and many other things, too.

last changes on barsigner.db and barsigner.csk are from 09/02/2013.

As I said before: Everything was running smooth til friday, 09/20/2013 and this message poped up suddenly and without changes.

I tried that way too yesterday: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/08/code-signing-keys-be-gone-welcome-blackberry-id/

But here I get the message: blackberry-signer order is misspelled or missing.

So, what else.

Kick all users who paid for apps with the launch of 10.2?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

No need to restart with users that have already paid.

The first step I would recommend is to backup your existing signing keys as outlined towards the bottom of the docs here:
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup.html

Following that ,after you register new code signing keys, fire me an email with:
1) Your old code signing Client ID (the unique number in the CSJ filename) and the email you registered under.
2) Your new code signing Client ID and the email you registered with.

What we can do then is link your new keys with your old keys, which should prevent any additional disruption in the application submission process.

Unfortunately, if the signing files haven't changed, and you are in fact using the correct password, I'm not sure what the problem may be.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

The blackberry-signer is missing or not found error means Windows cannot locate that file.  It's not in the path and not in the current directly you are running it from.  When running the command, change to the directory where it exists.  It should be in the dependencies\tools directory found under your installation directory.

Can you try to create a debug token with your previous keys and let me know if you get the password error there?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker