Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300
Accepted Solution

"General failure. Please try again. Server may be unavailable" as at 31 May 2013

So today, whenever I try to sign My Blackberry app using the WebWorks packager, I get this error...

"General failure. Please try again. Server may be unavailable".

My proxy settings have not changed and I have been using the same command line instruction with success before.

I've also checked the status of the Blackberry signing server using the following link...

http://isthesigningserverdown.com/chart/index.php?sigType=RBB or RCR or RRT

And everything appears to be online!

So, where could I be going wrong? Here's the command line instruction I've been using. First, I navigate to my Blackberry build folder and run the following instruction against it...

bbwp appname.zip –g <password> –o z:\projects\appname\signed

It goes through through parsing the various elements. The signing tool pops up and then the error is generated.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300

Re: "General failure. Please try again. Server may be unavailable" as at 31 May 2013

So, after a couple of days of banging my head against the wall-the answer finally came to me. I'm on a MAC but am also using a Windows virtual machine for Blackberry developement, which is running on another network altogether and this specific network is using a firewall, which, according to the network administrator, is currently experiencing a severe technical problem.

The way round it was to sign my Blackberry app using configured proxy settings to communicate with the signing server and viola! It worked!