Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mbamobile
My Device: PlayBook

"too large to load" error on 9310 running WebWorks app

We have an app that Curve 9310 users are having issues with.  They are reporting that the app starts up, shows the splash screen, and begins loading. After about 60 seconds an error window pops up saying "Sorry! We’re closing this page because it is too large to load."  After user clicks okay on the error popup, the app shuts down.   This same app works just fine on our PlayBook and the handful of simulators we've tested with, with one exception.  When I try to run it in the 9310 simulator I get an access violation error when the app runs, so I have no effective means of testing for this particular device.

The version of the app that this is happening with is running on Sencha Touch 1.1 on top of PhoneGap 2.1.  Thinking that maybe this was a problem with PhoneGap, we updated it to 2.5 and sent the users a new build to test, but the same error is occurring.  Had the user uninstall old app, restart device, install new app, restart device, and the error is still displayed.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed with this?  Is this a known issue with the 9310, or are they known for having memory problems?

New Contributor
mbamobile
My Device: PlayBook

Re: "too large to load" error on 9310 running WebWorks app

DISREGARD THIS TOPIC (Why can't I delete it?)

It seems I never verified that this device had a touch screen, which is a requirement for our app.  Probably part of the reason that it's blowing up.