Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: O2

screen.availHeight / screen.height / window.innerHeight and BB Simulators for OS 7 and above

Hello everyone...

I am currently using the simulators to test an application. The issue is that the screen dimensions for the properties mentioned above do not correlate. When calling either of the screen.height or screen.availHeight properties I attain the device height as expected. However when calling the window.innerHeight I recieve a much smaller value. The simulator is being view at 100% size (not fit to screen). The meta view port is set accordingly yet still this disparity appears. You can even check the values by scripting using the web inspector. Has anyone experienced this? If so, did you manage to fix it? If so how? Am I doing something wrong which I cannot see. Compiled using smartphone webworks 2.3.1.5. Find attached source for a small test application which presents the problem when scripting the properties in using web inspector. Any ideas? src.rar

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Re: screen.availHeight / screen.height / window.innerHeight and BB Simulators for OS 7 and above