06-19-2009 10:03 AM
To see the issue:
- Make a bookmark for http://inthebagshoppinglist.com (I find that a bookmark is the easiest way to avoid accidentally getting the wrong browser).
- Set the bookmark for either HTML or Internet browser.
- Hit the page and you get two popups (one from body onload and one from test.js)
- Set the bookmark for the hotspot browser
- Hit the page and you just get the one popup from body onload
I have verified in the web logs that the hotspot browser is requesting test.js. But for whatever reason it doesn't seem to process it.
Obviously you can do a view source to see the HTML, but for convenience here is the script reference:
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-19-2009 04:27 PM
We had an issue with a Byte Order Mark (BOM) being placed at the beginning of the js file. It doesn't usually get displayed since it's technically binary information and not meant to be character data. We found it using Araxis Merge during a file comparison, you can check for it by using the DOS command TYPE to output the contents your js file to the command line. There should be three messed up characters at the beginning of the file if a BOM is present. In my case I got "∩╗┐". Anyways in our case this was preventing the external js files from working. Removing the BOM fixed the problem for us.