Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mannymisc
My Device: 9300

signing ota files webworks 2.2

Sure that this is a pretty basic question - How can I sign the cod files generated in the OTAInstall folder. 

My scenario - Moved over to webworks 2.2 that does not support the eclipse plugin. So had to generate the cod files using command line. All that works. Except when I run the signature tool and select all the cod files in OTAInstall it says - "No signatures required".When I deploy it to the device it barfs with a attempt to access secure API error. This is incredibly frustrating since we moved to 2.2 to avoid some memory leak issues in 2.1 and so had to give up using eclipse...

I can sign the cod file in StandardInstall just fine. 

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: signing ota files webworks 2.2

When you run the bbwp.exe it will sign your application (both standard install and OTA) for you by providing the signing password on the command line.

It will also do this in Ripple when you configure it to work with the SDK.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_your_ww_smartphone_app...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
mannymisc
My Device: 9300

[ Edited ]

Tim,

Thanks. Another issue I encountered was that the signature tool kept freezing. Uninstalled jdk 1.7 and installed a 1.6 version and it worked. Using windows 64 bit. Hope this helps. 

The low memory error still persists but thats another issue..

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, our smartphone compilers require JDK 1.6 32-bit.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
vnurin
My Device: torch 9800

I have an error message "IOException when saving new pair to file" and no idea why.  I'm doing everything according RIM instructions...

ishaniiitm
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220

Dear Tim,
Hi, I am new to Blackberry Development. But my cod file requires signing from all three keys. While only one key is accepted in the signature tool. I sign my standardinstall cod files by replacing the file present in signature tool directory. But when I try for OTA install it shows no signing required.I may be making a naive mistake, but I would be highly obliged for a solution.