Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
adeibiza
My Device: storm
Accepted Solution

simple install order to develop bb widget in eclipse

i successfully created and deployed a bb 5.0 widget and is out there but ive had to reinstall vista and have spent 2 days trying to get back where i was

ive tried multiple ways of installing jde plugins, sdk's, eclipse, updating widget from within eclipse (which doesnt work)

at one point i finally got eclipse to recognise my previous workspace but then it wouldnt do a run as in simulator (none found) or build - nothing happened

there seems to be at least 3 or 4 diff downloads, web-plugins etc and multiple ways and alot of the pdfs are way out of date with broken links to upgrade files etc

can someone PLEASE :smileyhappy:  simply put a 1.2.3 of the order of which *exact* files to download and install in what order to create a BB widget - ive spent 2 days on this to try and update my existing widget and seem to be going round in cricles

thanks in advance - you can have my first born :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adeibiza

Re: simple install order to develop bb widget in eclipse

shouldve said: vista sp1 with eclipse 3.4.1

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adeibiza

Re: simple install order to develop bb widget in eclipse - solved

solved - ripped all references files etc to do with b'berry

found the new version of: BlackBerry_Web_Tools_2.0.0.200910291414-12.exe  (was using 1.0)

installed the: eJDE-4_6_1_27_Component.zip from the downloaded zip via the eclipse "update software - archive file" and pointed workspace to existing workspace and it built straight away

Please use plain text.