Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
suyashatweb
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

soundManger2 does not work after getting packed

I have developed a HTML5 app which requests a server 'A' for images and audio tracks. The images are stored on server 'A' only but the url of audio sent can be anywhere on the web, Then I use the soundManager2 to play that track.

I have test the app in Playbook's stock browser and it works, but when I packaged and signed the app, it does not worked. The app loads and all the images are shown but when I play the track nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Re: soundManger2 does not work after getting packed

Im gonna try guess here, but have you got the right Permissions in your config.xml file?

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/access_element_834677_11.html

Im pretty sure you need a permission that allows you to access external content.

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suyashatweb

Thanks for the reply.

Even I doubt this that the problem may be due to wrong permissions. But trying access element also does not help me.

May be flash is getting blocked. Here is the log of soundManager2 in ripple

-- SoundManager 2: HTML5 support tests (/^(probably|maybe)$/i): mp3: true (preferring flash), mp4: true (preferring flash), ogg: true, wav: true -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
-- SoundManager 2 V2.97a.20121104 (AS3/Flash 9) + HTML5 audio, normal polling -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::createMovie(): Trying to load swf/soundmanager2_flash9.swf soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash... soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
Ripple :: Environment Warming Up (Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.) ripple.js:475
webworks.tablet :: Initialization Finished (Make it so.) ripple.js:475
soundManager: Getting impatient, still waiting for Flash... soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
-- SoundManager 2: HTML5 support tests (/^(probably|maybe)$/i): mp3: true (preferring flash), mp4: true (preferring flash), ogg: true, wav: true -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
-- SoundManager 2 V2.97a.20121104 (AS3/Flash 9) + HTML5 audio, normal polling -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::createMovie(): Trying to load swf/soundmanager2_flash9.swf soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash... soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager: No Flash response within expected time. Likely causes: Flash blocked or JS-Flash security error. soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager: Failed to initialise. soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager.disable(): Shutting down soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
-- SoundManager 2 failed to load (Flash security/load error) -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager: Firing 1 ontimeout() item soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::externalInterfaceOK() (~2 ms) soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager::init() soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager: Attempting JS to Flash call... soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
Flash security sandbox type: remote soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
-- SoundManager 2 loaded (OK) -- soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32
soundManager: Firing 1 onready() item soundmanager2-jsmin.js:32

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suyashatweb

I used the FIrebuf Lite to get more details about my problem, and its now confirmed that, the flash is getting blocked, resulting in failure of initialisation of soundManager2.

Please use plain text.